So I have seen stamped cookies around Pinterest and I've been dying to try it...
And don't you love when those Pinterest projects actually work?! My icing skills could use some fine tuning but the stamping part is pretty easy! I made a super quick video for you on how to stamp on cookies...
Here what's you need:
- sugar cookies with completely dry royal icing
- liquid food coloring (I used black for a bold graphic look)
- stamping foam like ranger cut-n-dry foam
- clean clear stamps (I used Concord & 9th's beautiful Love Notes and Best Banners stamp sets)
- acrylic block
- food coloring marker (optional)
And a few tips from my experience:
- when I say the icing should be dry, I mean like 24 hours dry
- here are the awesome recipes I used for the sugar cookies & icing. (Thank you Bridget from bake at 350!)
- wash your clear stamps with dish soap first to prevent any germ-ies from getting on your cookies and wash again with soap after to remove the food coloring.
- you can use cling stamps but clear are the easiest to wash and the easiest to position.
- small stamps are the easiest to get a clean, clear image but if you are like me and REALLY want to use a large, gorgeous Concord & 9th sentiment, a black food coloring marker helps fill in any missed spots because even flat cookies are a little uneven, LOL!