I'm totally intimidated by the vast rainbow of colors and all of the amazing techniques I see in this talented community of makers so I'm starting super small, with 10 colors and just basic coloring. Here it is...
Here's what I have learned so far from my wonderful team at Ellen Hutson and other makers...
- paper is super important! Solar White is an EH fav so I started with that. To test paper compatibilty, draw a line with a Copic. If the line feathers, look for another paper.
- stamping ink must be Copic friendly! I used Memento Paris Dusk. To test ink compatibility, stamp onto Copic-friendly cardstock and color over line to check for smudging.
- for some super basic coloring, start with the lightest color first. I colored the flowers completely with V000 and then added the other colors a stripe at a time.
- you can use Copics to color silver foil paper (though some papers will yield more even results). I gave my die cut sentiment just the light tint of pink.
- you can also use Copics to color sequins. The result is like a pretty watercolor wash that coordinates perfectly with your project.